Empowering Women and Children Year 1
Human Dev Index:#114 (Aus #5)
Our partner established their organisation to build prosperous and harmonious families through the empowerment of women, youth, and children in Noinbila and to equip their communities through education, training and mentoring. A multipurpose building will be constructed and fitted with basic furniture and equipment for a preschool and an office. This project will provide holistic preschool education for 394 households in 2 neighbouring hamlets and work with women to develop livelihood skills so they can generate an income.
Why support this
Our partners highly value partnership and work closely with local government and other stakeholders. Preschool education is strategic as it impacts the first five formative years of a child's life which in turn influences their life-long direction. It provides an ideal opportunity for families to interact and work towards holistic transformation in the wider community. Currently, poverty, high teenage pregnancy, social customs in these hamlets contribute to abuse and neglect of women and perpetuate the lack of access to social services, employment and education.
$25,400 for year 1 of a 3 yr project. Total budget $76,200
- Holistic pre-school education for 60 children
- Construct a multipurpose building
- Livelihood skill training for 20 women
- Furnish and equip new facility
Expected Life Change
- Children have access to holistic early education, giving them the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in their character Collaborative relationships between preschools and families encourages a positive, seamless learning environment and builds more cohesive, purposeful communities
- Women develop meaningful income generating activities in a supportive network, leading to more stable and prosperous families