Hope that Transforms - Year 1
Human Dev Index:#116 (Aus #5)
Entrust is supporting our partner's Transform program, which aims to build capacity for sustained progress out of poverty - to deliver the right support, the right training, and the right resources to enable people living in extreme poverty to pull themselves out of it. Transform is a holistic four-month capacity-building program focusing on four essential components for growing HOPE that propels lasting life-change: Heart (fostering positive values and strong relationships), Opportunity (empowering sustainable livelihoods and savings), Physical (building health and well-being) and Education (launching confident young learners).
Why support this
Transform is our partner's core strategy for igniting hope that propels change. They work with local communities to invite the poorest families in the area to join a Transform group. Together, this community of around 30 participants, mostly women, goes through 15 weeks of training in HOPE – Heart (values), Opportunity (livelihood), Physical (health) and Education (early childhood development).
$333,000 for year 1 of a 3yr project. Total budget $999,000.
- Business kits distributed and savings groups formed
- Health screens and health education
- Values education, house visits and small group meetings
- Parental engagement & play-based learning
Expected Life Change
- Increased social safety nets provide stability and prevent people falling through the cracks into deeper poverty
- Improved financial independence and savings capacity leading to better living conditions and reduction in illnesses
- Children given a better foundational education, learning basic literacy and numeracy leading to future education opportunities