General Medical and Orphan Care - Year 7
Human Dev Index:#114 (Aus #5)
Working in a remote and needy part of Indonesia our partners (Hohidiai) provide a day clinic, hospital care, tuberculosis and leprosy clinic and a treatment centre for victims of HIV/AIDS. A small farm is being developed offering agricultural training and food security for those who live on site. The farm also offers teaching and training in farm techniques for the locals. Hohidiai also takes care of local orphans and has begun a pre-school and primary school to provide education for these orphans and local children. The Hohidiai projects are headed up by an Australian couple who have been residents in the area for more than ten years.
Why support this
Our partners have been working in this poverty-stricken area for many years, providing much-needed medical, educational and orphan care after a horrific conflict in the region that saw 10,000 killed. We like the fact that our partners are working to train up local medical practitioners and staff to ensure the community is empowered and can continue the work. The work is holistic, looking at the needs of the community and developing projects which will address these needs.
This goes towards costs for the medical program and for the orphaned children living on-site.
- In this rural community the medical care is providing a healing process, which is restoring unity to the region.
- Previously affected by factions through war, health care is provided to both Christian and Muslims communities.
- There is a growing need for orphan care because of the increasing epidemic of HIV/AIDS.
- Children are often dropped at Hohidiai’s door-step and need to be cared for.
Expected Life Change
- Improved health through access to basic and more advanced medical and dental care.
- Those with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis receive dignity and a sense of worth as well as quality care, improving their life expectancy as a result.
- Orphans are saved from abandonment to be raised with love and care.
- A divided community is given the opportunity to heal and re-unite.
No report uploaded