Skill Training for at-risk Girls
Human Dev Index:#132 (Aus #5)
Our partners are running employable skill training programs in rural and urban areas for young girls and women whose lives are at risk. They live in the Shamirpet area of Hyderabad, where many oppressed, Dalit community members reside. The training program includes computer classes, tailoring, and spoken English courses. The girls will master a skill which will empower them and help them to become self-reliant and independent.
Why support this
Our partners have a mission to see every child in a secure environment with quality education, food and shelter. They are seeking to rebuild the lives of needy women through counselling, self- awareness programs and access to income-generating skills. Providing a healthy upbringing and prospects for a better future, every woman’s life will be rebuilt with a healthy sense of trust, confidence, independence and ultimately, integration into the society at large.
The budget includes the cost of initial set-up, rent and teacher salaries.
- The project is necessary because our partners work in a region where many Dalit families are lagging in all developmental aspects of life.
- These vocational training programs will help break the vicious cycle of poverty, restore dignity and the women will have increased confidence and self-reliance.
- This will safe guard them from many forms of exploitation.
Expected Life Change
- Women and girls will acquire skills to help them make a living and become self-sufficient.
- They will feel empowered to face life’s challenges and be able to voice their opinions in the family and community.
- Increase in dignity and a meaningful purpose in life.