Trafficking Prevention Training
Human Dev Index:#114 (Aus #5)
Our partners will work collaboratively with two other organisations to deliver a trafficking, safe migration, and child marriage awareness program and training for trainers across three islands. They will target local youth, school teachers and administrators, community activists and local medical practitioners. Trainers will use the MAWL method - Model, Assist, Watch, Leave - firstly identifying potential trainers and modelling the training, then returning to assist and watch the trainers as they step out on their own, ensuring quality training and adherence to the curriculum.
Why support this
Our partners have strong linkages with international experts in the field as well as Indonesians with knowledge and insight into local institutions, agencies and cultural sensitivities. Coalition strengthening is crucial for a coordinated and effective anti-trafficking offence and the local Bali model is proving effective for establishing a national anti-trafficking taskforce. Our partners are driven by the needs and requests of grass- root Indonesian organisations who want access to comprehensive and reputable training curricula.
$21,000 for a 1 yr project.
- Train local leaders about trafficking and safe migration
- Equip educators to identify high risk students
- Raise awareness among youth about child marriage risks
- Expand or initiate the local anti-trafficking taskforce
Expected Life Change
- A reduced number of students from target schools will experience human trafficking and underage marriage
- Local organisations will have access to resources and training and will be able to identify and intercept potential victims
- A safer society for everyone and increased access to support services for all trafficked men, women and children